Wednesday, February 8, 2012

9.0

Its a STRUGGLE. Training.

Maybe my heart just isn't in it this time around. I don't know.

I thought I would let you know how my training is going. Went to the gym today, tried once again to work on the same workout that I have been trying to complete for the past 3 DAYS.  I finally was able to get my heart rate to 177. Running at 9.0 for 1 minute did the trick. Problem. I am supposed to keep my heart rate in this zone for 3 minutes straight.  FAILED.  I could only keep it here for 1 minute at a time. Then I would take a 1 minute break, and start again. I do not like the "F" word (failure). I still haven't figured out if it is "Fear" that is my "wall" for this workout, or if it is a physical thing.


I'm Glistening
Race RX Adult Training was B-R-U-T-A-L  tonight. I don't even know where to start. Let's see, Jason threw-up, Suzette had to step outside, my mind was so frazzled that I couldn't even keep track of where I was in the workout lineup!  Everything was sets of 10 tonight. Here is what my frazzled little brain can remember.




 body weight squats, kettle bell lunges (10 @ leg), step ups w/weights (10 @ leg)
 GFX push ups, push ups, rope drums
 ab twist w/med ball, GFX abs knee tuck, ab twist w/med ball
  GFX pulls, pull downs, lunge around the clock,
  punching bag, rope smash, split jumps
 squat to row, glute bridges, RDL rows, and one more that I cannot remember!

We would do 10 of each, then move on. If both legs were involved, then it was 10 per leg. Circuit Training.

And yes boys and girls, I AM paying for this.  It's all good though. I can see physical and endurance improvements since I have started the Adult Training.  And I love my evening group!  They are the BEST!

On a side note, I am looking forward to running this Saturday in Davis County! Will be running the Sweetheart 5k in memory of Sherry Arnold.


Nathan Sanel was talking about the Bear 100.  Very interesting perspective. Worth looking at.


How bad do you want it?



No comments:

Post a Comment