Sunday, January 20, 2013

Look out Buffalo

Do NOT look a Buffalo in the EYE!

After yesterday's grueling experience on the treadmill, I thought that I would share a bit of good news with you.

I registered for the Buffalo Race on March 22, 2013.  This will be held at Antelope Island.  I registered for the 25k trail run.  I have been thinking about this race for about 9 months now. Yesterday, I finally hit the "confirm" button, and now I am in.

So here is a little Sunday morning light reading. This is a copy of the waiver that I signed. It cracked me up!

my favorite cup
Ok, you know the drill. This entry contains limitations of your legal rights, so read it. If you get hurt, it’s your fault, you shouldn’t have been here. I know that there are hazards associated with running this race. These hazards can include, but are not limited to, bikers, hikers, horses, very large wild animals, roots, rocks, trees, other assorted wildlife, flora and fauna, and other crazed runners. Having read that last sentence, I am certifying that I understand these risks and I am properly trained to participate. By running this race I, and my estate, will hold harmless anybody or organization officially associated with the race. This includes Antelope Island State Park and their employees, the State of Utah, the Race Director and his minions, Buffalo Run Adventures, LLC, and any of our sponsors. I also agree to abide by the rules of the race and acknowledge that the Race Director’s word is final. I also agree that by running the ultra, I know I’m nuts and should know better than to do something like this, but, hey, it’s fun and impresses the opposite sex. If you are under 18, you can run any race, with your parents and the race directors’ permission. Also keep in mind that your picture will be taken numerous times by various people. By signing off on this waiver, you’re telling us that it’s ok for us to use that picture however we want. Don’t worry, we’ll try not to embarrass you.

No comments:

Post a Comment