Monday, July 11, 2011

Super Wind

This morning I decided to conquer the Nibley dip that takes you into Hyrum. This has been a goal of mine for sometime during the summer. No time like the present. I have done half the dip, but today....I will run the full dip into Hyrum, head towards the canyon, and take Hollow Road back to main street, then at Maverick, head back to my house. Little did I know that I would be fighting a North blowing wind as I was trying to run south...running into the wind....uphill! It was so windy that when I spit, my spit landed 5 feet behind me! Once I hit the light in Hyrum and turned towards the mountains, I was faced with a head on east wind!!! What the crap???? Good news though, on Hollow Road, the wind was my friend. It started to sprinkle rain.....could have used a little more. Nice double rainbow this morning.



Today I really wished I had a Garmin. I did not do "map my run" last night to see what the mileage was on the route I chose to run. I was hoping for 9.5 ....closer to 10 miles. It was only 8.5. Kind of disappointed as I wanted today to be my long run of the week. I wonder if it counts if I do 2 miles later today??? I'll have to think on that.

My calves and feet are pretty tight. I'm not quite sure what to do for the calf muscles. They do not cramp up, but they feel so flipping tight! On Hollow Road today, the toes on my right foot did get a small charlie horse. That was weird. I am going in for a body massage today, I'm sure that will help. Who doesn't appreciate a massage???




My route today included part of the TOU Half Course. From Hollow Road to the Nibley Maverick. Not too bad, just an incline from Hollow Road to the Highway, then the law of gravity set in. Thank you to the house on main street with their sprinklers going. I enjoyed running through them.


And of course, a morning run would not be complete without a pebble in my left shoe, now would it. Always the left.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
--John Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment