Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cub River


And I quote, "It's butt A$$ cold up here!"

Drove to Cub River, Idaho, to run this morning. We stopped at LaTienda to make a pit stop, as there are not many Honey Buckets up the canyon. 

It was a NIPPY 28 DEGREES!!!  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I decided that I would run down 3 or 4 miles, and run back to the car. So a total of 6 or 8ish miles.  The sun came up, but we never did get any "sunshine." We just had light.  It was a weird road. Not very smooth and very slanted.  I ran past a frozen stream and frost on plants.


Running up Cub River Road
Was a weird run this morning. My body finally started to get warm around mile 2. I took off my gloves and unzipped my jacket. At mile 3, I turned around and started heading back UP the canyon, and immediately felt a temperature change! I stopped to zip up and put my gloves back on. Then I had to take my fingers and thumbs out of the glove finger area, and just hold them in a loose fist in the glove to try to get them warm. My extremities were freezing. Not to mention my nose running NON-STOP!  My thighs got really cold. It took over an hour of being in the car with the heater on and 2 jackets on my legs to finally get them warm.  So my morning 6 was just WEIRD.

Julie and I met JoAnna and her youth group at 11 a.m. to finish up our run. We both wanted to get in a few more miles. We met at the golf course, and we both had an awesome 3!  JoAnna's youth group ran 4 today!





The HIGHLIGHT of my run...........I saved a Wooly Bear caterpillar! ~~~KARMA


No comments:

Post a Comment