Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

Mindy, Lisa, Joy, Stephanie, Scott
Isela, Lori
Today was the first time that I have ran in temperatures below 20 degrees, and guess what? I survived!

Mindy, Don, Joy, Stephanie, Scott
Isela, Lori
When I left the house it was 8 degrees. I wasn't quite sure how to dress. I did 2 layers on the bottom half, and 3 layers on the top, then my yellow jacket also. A hat, gloves, and neck gaiter. I actually was too warm! I had to keep stopping to either un-zip or peel off a layer.

I ran with my fellow NERC's. We ran down Blacksmith Fork Canyon. Wow! What a beautiful, peaceful run this morning. The sun was shining. The air was crisp and so clear. We ran 5.5 miles today.    I actually was a little nervous this morning, besides the temperature, the canyon is ALWAYS windy. But as luck would have it, we encountered ZERO wind!

We took two pictures, so we could all be in the photo.

What an amazing group of friends I have come across.  I am so blessed to have each one of them in my life.  It was exactly ONE year ago today, that I invited some of these runners to run with me on New Year's Eve.  This was the first time I met many of them, and now they are some of my dearest friends.

Happy New Year.


May 2013 be one of Joy, Happiness, Peace, Love, Good Health, Strength.......and that awe inspiring RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment