Saturday, November 12, 2011

First run after Half

Monday the 7th, I was able to do 10 miles on the exercise bike, then Race RX that night. Wednesday was Race RX. We did lunges up the ying yang, and my glutes and hamstrings are sore to the touch. In fact, the last set of lunges that I did, my legs were quivering.
Thursday morning I did not have to go to work until 11, so I took advantage of the extra time and did a 3 mile run in that morning. It was cold. About 25ish degrees. Although it was really sunny, I never did get warm. This was my first real run since the Halloween Half on October 29th. Did not really push it, 3 miles in 34 minutes. I ran the 1st mile, then just walk/run the other 2.

Someone asked me today if I thought that I would ever run a full marathon. Certainly something to think about. When I ran a 5k, I thought maybe I could do a 10k. When I ran a 10k, I thought a 15k would be a challenge. When I completed a 15k, I knew that I could complete a half marathon. Now that I have 2 half marathons under my belt, ........

Proud of those who are running the Javaline Jundred in AZ this weekend. 100 mile Ultra.

I run for_________________. Still working on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment