Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble


Today I was lucky enough to share a special moment with one of my running friends, Marian.
It was her 50th race..
Justin Pope organized a Gobbler Games 5k in Nibley. There were about 80ish people who showed up. More than I thought. It was fun to see so many families out on Thanksgiving morning.

After the race, I came home and got ready to head to my parents for dinner. What a wonderful feast I was treated to! I was so hungry too, after running in the morning. I enjoy spending time with my parents. Jacque told me the other day that one of her friends asked her where she was going for Thanksgiving, and her reply was out to my Grandma and Grandpa's. The friend then pulled a face, and said, 'I hate going to my grandparents house.' Jacque in turn replied to her, 'I love going to my grandma and grandpa's!"


As I was running this morning,
I reflected on the many things that I am thankful for. Here are just a few of my thoughts:

My family: a Mom and Dad who are the best, and I love them dearly with all my heart.
My children: 2 of the most beautiful girls in the world.
My sisters: who are 2 of my bestest friends.
My spouse: who loves and supports me and the girls unconditionally.
My friends: who I share my successes and failures with.
My pets: who love me whether I am happy or sad.
My health: which enables me to do the things that I never thought I could do.
My country: where I am able to choose freely the things I want to pursue in life.
My faith: which I rely on daily to get me through life's battles.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment