Friday, June 29, 2012

The Long & Winding Road

This morning I hooked up with the Nibley Runners, and we car pooled up Blacksmith Fork Canyon.  Joe, Eric, Sandra, Natalie, Greg, Tami, Brie, Pam, Annai, Kendra, and me. That's 11 in the car!!!  Good thing the driver had an older Suburban! Anyway, runners were dropped off at varying points in the canyon. I chose to be dropped off at the Hydro Plant. (This is the start of the Freedom Run and TOU Half.)  From that point to my house, following the TOU route, would be 10.7 miles.  If I followed the Freedom Run route and then went to my house I was looking at around 12 miles.  I chose the TOU route.

It was a nice quiet morning run.  I wore my yellow jacket and gloves, but after 1 mile did not need them, so had to stop and rearrange my running gear.  Last week I ate some Cliff Blocks and had GI issues. This morning I stuck with GU and GU Chomps and was fine.  I took my belt and had 1 water and 1 gatorade.  Others dropped off their water/gatorade bottles at different points on the route.

On Hollow Road, I was looking at this Pumpkin Patch. (I know, kind of lame) It was very well taken care of, and while I took a picture of it apparently I got those fox tail burr pokey things in my shoes!  I started running and immediately felt something sticking the top of my left foot!  Funny how it is always the left foot that has issues! Anyway, I pulled off the ones that I could see, and continued on for like 20 steps. Then I hobbled to the nearest driveway and took the shoe COMPLETELY off, and found not One, but TWO of those POKEY things sticking through my shoe!   So this added time. But it was not like I was going for a PR or anything.

I forgot just how hot Hollow Road gets.  Not alot of shade along the way. Nice to see a milk weed!  We used to have a bunch of these down our street, when it was just alot of fields. Now lots of houses and no milk monarch butterflies.

  These roosters were very noisy this morning.

It took me 2 hours and 4 minutes to go 10.5 miles!  Not my best by any means. But I did get those miles under my feet.

As I was walking home, my dear daughter was coming home from swim practice and gave me a ride to the driveway.  I was one house away, so we laughed at that.

Ash and I went to Kneaders for breakfast. She had the French Toast, and I had a ham, egg, cheese breakfast sandwich on a crossiant.  We sat outside in the sun.  Had a wonderful time with her!! Great way to end a so-so run.

No comments:

Post a Comment