Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm Back?

Somewhere in Nevada!

After two weeks on the road, I am back to my humble home.  I was so excited when I read on FB that my friends were organizing a group run on Tuesday!  I sooooo needed this. Both mentally and physically.  During the past two weeks, I have not been able to get in the miles like I wanted to.  My legs actually just ache! My hips feel weird. My ankles and calves are stiff.  I think alot of it is that I have been sitting in the drivers seat for so long.  driving, driving, driving.....
This is just WRONG!

 4 miles down Smithfield Canyon.  Jill was my speed work person tonight!  Oh my heck, she had me running at an 8:48 mile!!  Where the crap I pulled that one from, I have no idea.  I have to admit, I caved at 1.75, and let her and 2 others go on.  Mental Crap going on, and go go juice looking for an escape route!  I had to pee so bad!  I know, TMI. hee hee  
All in all, tonight's run was alot better than I thought it was going to be.
Mile 1 - 8:48
Mile 2 - 9:28
Mile 3 - 10:38
Mile 4 - 11:04
So 4.2 miles ---41.59 minutes, average 9:59 min mile.

Its great to be a RUNNER and even better when I have a partner or a group to run with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment