Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's a good day




Tuesday nights run was FANTASTIC!!  
I met my NERC's in Smithfield tonight.  We had a newbie tonight, Lindsey! Wow, what a NUT!  I am excited to run with her. She will keep me on my toes! 
our NERC shirts

Wow, not sure what the difference was, but here are my stats:
mile 1:  9:55
mile 2:  9:37
mile 3:  9:41
mile 4: 10:07

This was my fastest, ever! I guess the stars, moon, planets and sun were lined up for me tonight.  I saw 4 deer, 3 raccoons, and 1 skunk!  Luckily I saw the skunk while I was IN my car. When I went back up to the top of the canyon road, to retrieve my car, I heard so many crickets! It was so nice.  For some reason, I do not hear as many by my home anymore.
Another note, Laced my shoes differently, and it worked. No tingling sensation!

Tonight my buddy was Roz! Thanks Roz! (in my brain, I just kept thinking, "stay with Roz, stay with Roz.")  After running with my friends tonight, I am feeling a little better, no, I am feeling more confident  about TOU Half  next week.


Found this in my email box today:   Relish the bad training runs. Without them it's difficult to recognize, much less appreciate, the good ones.

so true, so true. Saturday's was bad. Tuesday's was very much appreciated!






No comments:

Post a Comment