Friday, August 26, 2011

Less than 24 hours to go!




......Tomorrow morning is the big day, yet somehow I do not feel as prepared as I think I should be. I am sure that it is because of all the traveling I did the past month.

We got back on the 19th of August, and on the 23rd I did 6 miles, and my legs felt sooooo HEAVY!!! Not sure what the deal was. I ran an easy 3 miles last night at the gym. Legs felt better last night. I think that I am just going to take my breakfast with me tomorrow and eat it on the bus. We are supposed to meet at the finish line in the morning and take the bus up the canyon to the start. Buses load between 5 and 5:45 AM!!!! That is TOOOO STINKIN EARLY!

I am picking up my friend Mindy in the morning, and I will meet Dave (my nephew) somewhere???? There will be aid stations at 3,6,9,11, and the finish, so I am debating on whether or not to take my running belt w/water. I will be fine in the canyon and on hollow road, but once we hit the highway, it will be getting hot. I guess that will be a last minute decision. My goal is to come in under 3 hours. that gives me a lot of walking time if needed and keeping an 11 minute mile pace. I think I will try to go a little faster in the canyon. I have done the canyon race before, so I know where I can increase speed and not get too tired.

NERVOUS....................

No comments:

Post a Comment