Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It kicked my **********


So I got this wild hair that I would go try Race RX. I figured, hey, I just did a half marathon.....I'll be ok. Well, needless to say, I am not in as good of shape as I thought! Isn't that the story of our lives. We think we are doing pretty good, then BAM... Reality hits you in the face, or in my case tonight, whipped my butt!

For the next 8 weeks, I have volunteered to participate in a research study of a new exercise program. From what I did tonight, it is like p90x on steroids! There are about 11 of us in the group. Tonights routine started with killer warm-ups. Spider man crawls across the floor, push up walks, this twisty dragon walk thing, and others that I can't even remember what I did. Balance was an issue with some of them. After warm-ups we did 11 different stations, 1 minute each station. You don't realize how long 60 seconds is until you are about ready to pass out! So...11 stations, then a couple of minutes to get a drink, then back at it. After the first set, I got really dizzy. I sat down, trying to control my breathing. The second set I didn't push myself as hard. After this set, the dizziness came back, along with feelings of nausea and passing out! Do you think I over did it? DUH!! What was I thinking? As I said, "I did the half, I will be ok."

Tomorrow I am going to do a fitness test, which ought to be interesting. I better eat better tomorrow, as today all I had was a fruit smoothie with protein powder, lunch consisted of 1/4 cup peaches with about 1/2 cup cottage cheese, then a double mocha and a couple of bites of Jacque's subway sandwich. Not many calories to help me for the workout. The Double Mocha was sooooooooo good, but probably not the best to have on killer work out day.

Ibuprofen is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment