Monday, September 26, 2011

Night out with the Girls


This is just what I needed. A night out with the girls. Tonight I met some friends up Logan Canyon, and we ran the River Trail, by the Stokes Nature Center. What a great trail. Ups and downs, fresh crisp autumn air, and a snake on the trail. Mindy thought it was a stick, I think it was a snake. mmmmm......guess we'll never know.

Met a new friend tonight, Roz. This group of ladies that I was invited to run with seem to be a really fun group! Just normal gals, all trying to achieve their best, and supporting each other along the way! What a great group of ladies!!! Way to go Northern Exposure!! And thanks for welcoming me into your group!

We met at 7 p.m. and started on the trail. On our way back, there sure were alot of people. Not sure where they all came from. I had to keep saying "excuse me" and I was coming down, getting ready to plow right into them. Instead of these people just all moving to one side, they would go on either side of the trail, so it was like an obstacle course. It got dark really fast too. I was having a hard time seeing the trail/road. Should have brought my headlamp. Tonight's run was around 3.5ish miles. Just enough. I think that I run better after my Race RX class, as my muscles are already warmed up, super good! I ended up taking a jacket with me, thinking that it might be a little chilly running by the river, but ended up tying it around my waist. Guess I was over-thinking things.

I tried one of those "performance" bars tonight. Thought I could use the extra energy as I was going to run right after my class. They are not too bad. I tried the peanut butter one. I would buy this kind again.

Oh, and yes, I did get the littlest, teeniest, tiniest of a pebble in my LEFT shoe! Why the Left??? I'll never know. I didn't even think to bring my trail gaiters! What was I thinking!

If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin!

No comments:

Post a Comment