Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Re-cap



Saturday, September 29th  (11 miles)

Today was the very first time I actually needed my head light!  I met my crazy runner friends at 5:30 A.M.!  Yes, you did read that right, A.M.  Our goal today, was an easy 11 miles.  I tried to put the headlamp on my head, but it was itchy and uncomfortable. I just adjusted the strap and wore it around my waist.  Krista was all in BLACK, so I gave her my flashing red light to wear.

First Dam in the wee hours of the morning.
Can you see me?
We started in Providence and wound our way through River Heights, the island in Logan, Canyon Road on the island, and over to First Dam. About Herm's, we started fighting a super strong head wind.  When we arrived at First Dam, we decided just to back track around to make an 11 miler.

As we were running past Herm's we could smell their Breakfast!  mmmm, yummy. I will have to try it sometime.

Herm's 





A house on the island has a neon sign that says "EGGS" above their garage. Who puts a sign like this on their house? I was disappointed that it was not lit up.





Found this "shrine" on the island. Or maybe it is the name
of the Subdivision????


















Sunday, September 30, (10k)


Ran Blacksmith Fork Canyon today.  I drove everyone up the canyon. My NERC buddies wanted to run 10 or 11, I just wanted to run around 6, so I decided that I would run down a few miles, then run back up to my car. That way, I didn't have to wait for someone to give me a ride back up to my car.  It worked out GREAT.


The colors in the canyon were beautiful. I think that they were at their peak this morning.  I decided to run down 2 miles and turn around to head back up. I would zig-zag to make it 6 miles. When I got to Left Hand Fork, decided to take a detour.

Ran about a half a mile into this area, then turned around and headed back out.  As I was running into Left Hand Fork, I could smell breakfast cooking. Hash browns with onions, and bacon! MMM, thought about following the smell...hee hee, but turned around and headed back to the main road.



Back on the main road I heard these chipmunks or squirrels gibbering when I went by. I stopped and stared at them for a minute.  I think it was a family. They kept running up and around this log. If you look closely, you can see two of them sitting on the log in the middle of the photo.

A car came around the corner and slowed down. It was JoAnna! Apparently she had driven up the canyon, talked to Tansy, Mandy, and Roz. Roz told her that I had headed back up the canyon, and she had been driving around looking for me. She got to my car, and no me, so she headed further up the canyon, thinking that I had gone up.  Thanks Jo for freaking out and looking for me!  Always nice to know that someone has my back!  Next time I will try to stay on the main path.



Thanks for looking for me!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment