Sunday, January 8, 2012

My new running buddy


Took Abby with me today. Really debated this one...back and forth. She is not that good of a leash dog. She likes to run fast. She doesn't listen very good.

When I woke up this morning, it was so bright, I thought for sure that the sun was out. Mother Nature was pulling a fast one on me. It was just bright from the SNOW!! I had a hard time getting motivated today. Looked at the RX Cardio schedule and thought maybe I would go to the gym and do my 20 minutes. I have heard that after you do something for about 3 weeks, you have formed a "habit." I have been running for 2 years??? Why is my habit of running so hard at times?

Abby and I went to the Logan River Walk. I was the only one on the path today. It was snow packed and slick in some spots. Abby does not like to run on the snow. She kept weaving to the clear spots on the path. The River Walk is 2 miles, so after that, we just ran around Logan for another 2 miles. We encountered some other dogs during our run. I was a bit nervous, as she has not been around strange dogs. I made her sit while a wiener dog passed us on the narrow bridge. She did very well. When we passed other dogs she did not try to pull me towards them and she did not growl or bark at others. She did however, love to pull "me." The leash seemed like it was always tight. My arms got tired!

As for my 21 day kick start diet.....I caved....I had a glass of milk last night with a piece of apple pie. MMMM, it was so good. I am missing that tall, cold glass of milk. Have not noticed an increase in energy. We'll see....2 more weeks. Tonight, Jim made a beef roast with gravy, rosemary potatoes, baked asparagus, french bread with brie cheese & roasted garlic & avocados. I also cut up a pear and had some left over Hoppin' John Salad. I had everything but the meat and the gravy. I did not feel like I was missing anything.


Running and songwriting share similar principles. When it doesn't feel good, you just work through it.

Ben Gibbard, Lead singer, Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment