Friday, January 20, 2012

Report: 21 day Jumpstart


Well, as you know, I tried the 21 day jumpstart diet program. (total vegan) I lasted 14 days. I gave in on a few things. I did have a couple of glasses of milk, 2 or 3 muffins, and whey protein powder (in my fruit smoothies) during this period. I did not miss meat and cheese like I thought I would. I did miss yogurt, cottage cheese, and the all time favorite, a glass of milk!It was supposed to give me more energy, clearer thinking, etc. My report---tired all the time, did not sleep well, always hungry, and this is a good one....brain function was severely affected!! A couple of examples: Jacque and I were talking about having a snack, she was naming things off to me, she said "go have a peanut butter sandwich." My reply to her, "I don't want any chicken." Where the crap I pulled that one from I have no idea. Oh, and when I was driving home from dropping Jacque off from school, I totally missed my road! mmmmm, coincidence??? maybe, maybe not.

Training for half is on track, I guess. I have been doing my strength training 3 times a week, and trying to get in the Cardio RX at least 5 times a week, but it has backed down to 4 times the past couple of weeks.

Last Saturday I called Mindy, Lisa, and her husband Chris, at the last moment to see if they wanted to go for a run with me. We just went around our home town. I ran to Mindy's corner (about 2 miles) then we went to Lisa & Chris's house to pick them up. I get nervous running with new people. I have ran with Mindy before, and we are about the same speed when we are out for an easy jog. Was a little nervous to run with Lisa and Chris. But it was so fun. We all stuck together, and when someone needed to walk, it wasn't a big deal. Thanks you guys for being my running buddies. It is always easier to get out if you have a friend to run with. I have to admit, I wasn't feeling it Saturday morning, but knew that I needed to get out. I ended up running 4.5 miles. Tomorrow I am planning on a 5 or 6 miler. Depending on weather, may do it outside or hit the rec center and run around the indoor track. Not feeling like Satan's Sidewalk for 6 miles. (Treadmill)

Marathons are fun. You have all those people out there acting like you're a big deal, it's kind of awesome to soak that in for your one day.---Desiree Davila

No comments:

Post a Comment