Monday, July 16, 2012

It's a Rubbery Morning!

During my run this morning, I looked down at my GARMIN, only to realize that I did NOT turn it on!!  FRUSTRATING.  At that point, I thought, "Well, I guess today is not about time or mileage."  I know that I reset it. I know that I connected with the satellite. Then I remember switching modes, cause I was curious what time it was. I thought I would just leave it on the "current time" screen, so when I glanced at it, I would not see the mileage. I guess it was at that point that I did not actually turn it on.  Oh well.

I wanted to run for about 1 hour this morning, but when I got back to my house, it was only about 45 to 50 minutes. My morning route went something like this: walk to highway, noticed that my neighbor was in front of me (he takes the bus to work everyday), crossed crazy highway, went to Maverick, ran through Providence (the last part of TOU half) then made a detour from TOU half route, took that long downhill road that has the Don's auto body sign on it that connects with the highway, turned on the "road closed" road, back to the Maverick road, and home sweet home.  The bridge on the "road closed" road is actually open, just has a caution sign on it.  Looks like they have done alot of work on the bank of the river. Actual bridge is still kind of beat up from the flood.  Map My Run calculates this at 4.37 miles.


I started my run at 6:35 am. I ended up running with my shadow this morning. I did see a few people this morning.   In Providence I passed  Laura M, Mariah ?, and another gal. So fun to see that running encompasses all age groups. Laura M. is about my age, and Mariah just graduated from High School.

 And this is one of the beautiful sights I ran into! NOT!!!
EEEWWWW, really people????

I passed 7 people cycling this morning. Only one acknowledged my presence. It was the lady in the back of the pack.  I also passed Mark W. this morning at 7:20 near Maverick. I know where he was going......Deer Fence Trail.  He only had one bottle of liquid!  He is crazy ultra runner guy!  I have never ran the Deer Fence Trail! Guess I better put that one on my list.

Hopefully on my next run, the scenery will be better!

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
------Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment