Sunday, July 15, 2012

Noon?

I thought that if I went up the canyon, the weather would be a little cooler. 79 at my house, 76 in the parking lot up the canyon.  Cloudy at my house, sunny up the canyon.  I started running around 11:30 am this morning.  My plan was 30 minutes up, 30 minutes down.  I have never run up the canyon before, today would be my first.  Another first, I tried some of Jill's go-go juice. It was pretty sweet!

Running up the canyon, around noon, on a humid day, with no shade, was probably not the smartest thing to do.  I felt like road kill!  I have no idea how people do ultra's and run during the hottest part of the day!

At 30 minutes, I had only run 2.3 miles!!!  This was a disappointment, to say the least.

Let the decline begin!  It was a great feeling turning around, running down hill, having a little bit of breeze, and finding some shade every now and then.  Also, when I turned around, I was running alongside the river.  I'm not sure if that made a difference, temperature wise, or if it was just all in my head. Amazing what elevation and temperature will do!

2.7 miles down the hill. I ran a little bit past my car to even out my mileage.  1 hour 2 minutes for 5 miles.  Looking back in my journal, this past week I did 6 miles (in the early morning) and it took me 1 hour 4 minutes.  Go Figure????

When I got home, the first thing my daughter said was, "Ewe, you are all wet. That is gross!" Ya, I think I had a little bit of sweat going on today, along with humidity, and me dumping water on my head, I probably looked kind of "gross."

No comments:

Post a Comment