Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where is my energy?

When I get home from work, my little wiener dog, Chloe, is right there at the door, greeting me with puppy kisses.  Abby, on the other hand, is sawing logs either under my bed, or on Chloe's bed.  Chloe likes to go right outside, and play for about 1 hour. Abby......giving me the "eye" and is definitely not ready to go outside.
When I get home from work, I feel just like Abby. I am ready to just be a lazy butt!  


This is when I should be getting on my running gear. I should be ready to head out the door. I should be excited to tackle a few miles.  But what am I doing? I play on the computer. I do the dishes or unload the dishwasher. I rotate the laundry. I scratch my dogs, they are a big distraction. I  have a snack. I think about what workout I should be doing or where I would like to run. 

This is what I am thinking about.
Today is no different. I am thinking about trail running, but it is wet and dreary outside. Do I really want to get my shoes muddy? Do I want Abby's feet to get muddy? and then get my car muddy? I should put on my exercise clothes. I should go to the gym with my heart rate monitor on and see if I can finally have success in the workout that is frustrating me. I should, I should, I should. Waa Waa Waa!  I should put my big girl panties on and RUN!


If running is important to you, then your mind-set shifts from Can I find time for it? to When can I find time for it? You think in terms not of Will I run today? but When will I run today?
---Scott Douglas, author of The Little Red Book of Running
___
Scott Douglas, author of The Little Red Book of Running


FYI................I DID......................3.25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment