Friday, February 10, 2012

Yesterday, after my lazy fit,  I decided to go to the gym, with NO agenda. I did not strap on the heart rate monitor. I did not take my work out schedule that shows which heart rate zones I should follow. In fact, I didn't even look at the workout schedule. Instead, I decided just to go with the flow.

I started with squats, side lunges, and jumps to get my legs warmed up.  I chose the elliptical. This was a good choice. I did 3 miles on it, and then did a .25 cool down walk.  I did 2 minutes of backwards running on the elliptical.  I did not realize how much calf burn that causes. WOW! I have a new respect for those that I see running backwards. Going in reverse puts a weird strain on my knees, and works my calves like no other.

Yesterdays workout................. No pressures. No expectations. For the first time in a while, I actually felt that I had a good workout.

For the past 2 months, I think that I have been so obsessed with this Cardio RX program, that I have lost sight of why I started to run in the first place.  Yesterday's workout was successful.

I think I am going to put the Cardio RX program on the back burner for a week, and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment