Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trust

Trust.

Chloe, alias CoCoBeaner

Abby-Babby

 Thursday I was vacuuming the carpet, and trust came into my mind. I have 2 dogs, Chloe and Abby. When they see the vacuum, they take off. Abby will run to my bedroom, and hide under the bed. Chloe will run to a room that the vacuum is not in. I have never chased them with the vacuum. I wonder why they do not trust me? Or do they not trust the vacuum? I used to have a yellow dog, O.D., that would lay on the floor and watch me vacuum around him. Literally. I would push the vacuum up to his body and just go around him. He had trust in me that I would not hurt him. He was not afraid.

Trust.


I am struggling the the cardio rx training workouts. I am supposed to get my heart rate to 177 - 186 beats per minute for a certain number of minutes during the workout, and I am having a hard time reaching this number. I can get it to 171 or 174, but 177 is just not happening lately. Is it because I do not trust myself that I can go faster? That I can increase the incline more? This program has the studies behind it to support its positive effect on a runner. I personally know 3 people that faithfully stuck to the program and saw success. I also know of 2 people that just kind of did it here and there, and did OK.

 Trust.

My last half marathon training consisted of alternating days on the treadmill and either bike or elliptical. 

My current training consists of strength training 3 times a week, trying to get the cardio in at least 5 times a week, and one long run a week. For the month of January my cardio started out good, 5 times a week, but then slipped to 3 or 4 times a week. MMMMM.


  Trust. Am I afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment