Monday, June 6, 2011

Who's chasing me????


Took daughter to swimming this morning at 6 a.m. Thought about taking my running stuff with me, but decided to come back home and run. Picked out an easy 4 mile run. When I got to the point of making a decision of either to go with the 4 mile or do 5.85........well........chose the 5.85. No reason, just did it.

Went through Hyrum today. Tough day. Wind was blowing against me, was really hot, not alot of shade on the route I picked. My 5,85 miles today had more walking than I would have liked to happen. I didn't get out of the house until about 6:40ish, so it got hot fast. Should have just taken stuff with me and ran around the aquatic center. Note to self: do that next time.




I run with only one ear piece in so I can hear what is going on around me. So I hear what sounds like 3 or more bicycles coming up behind me, swish, swish, swish...

I turn and look, and I see about 11 cows running with me! They were running in the tall grass (so that is what I heard). I stopped.......they stopped..........I started running again........they ran! So funny. Was a nice break from fighting the wind. My left knee was hurting a bit today, then my right foot arch. It's tough getting old. On a good note, my legs felt pretty good once I got up the hill and headed for the highway.


Funny summer this is turning out to be. Look at all the snow we still have on the Wellsville Mountains. Good day to be a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment