Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Too Hot




This morning and at 6:15 a.m. It was 79 degrees! CRAZY HEAT! Went on a run with Cathy this morning. She wanted to meet at 7 am. Thought it was a good idea at the time, turns out the heat just zapped all my morning energy. Heck, I even took a GU this morning! Tried a new flavor, chocolate raspberry. It tasted like one of those chocolate orange sticks you get at Christmas time, only raspberry flavored. I should have had some energy???.......Don't know why I didn't...... It had 35g of caffine. Sorry Cathy, you'll just have to get out of bed earlier!



This morning I thought I would try out my new running skirt. Wanted to try it and a tank top before the Freedom Run next week. The skirt worked really well. It had one zipper pocket in the back, did not ride up on me, and I felt I had plenty of coverage. The tank top was a different story. Although it fit pretty good, I ended up with chafe spots on my arms, which made for VERY uncomfortable running. I guess I'll have to invest in some Glide.

Oh, and the wind was blowing against me too. On the plus side, I ran past Josie as she was running with the MC XC team. Always fun to see her!
This mornings run was about 6 and a half. If you can call it a run. Walked a lot today........guess I just wasn't into it this morning.

Success isn't how far you got, But the distance you traveled from where you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment